Midvale Arts Council, Inc. (MAC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization seeking a part-time Executive Director/Administrative Assistant. MAC’s mission is to promote the arts in Midvale by sponsoring quality entertainment and by providing opportunities for Midvale citizens of all ages and backgrounds to enrich their lives by experiencing the positive benefits of the arts and local culture.
The Executive Director/Administrative Assistant of MAC reports to the MAC Board and is responsible for the general administration of the organization. This includes grant writing/fundraising, office management, program/marketing management, and public relations. He/she works closely with the Board to enforce and maintain policies, communicate regularly with internal and external partners, and provide support and leadership for the staff and volunteers. He/she should be able to work independently, set goals, motivate others, and foster MAC’s potential for growth within the community.
The major responsibilities and estimated portion of time spent on these responsibilities are as follows:
- Grant Writing/Fundraising – 60%
- Event Program Support – 15%
- Board Meetings/Volunteer Meetings – 10%
- Networking with External Partners – 5%
- Miscellaneous Administration – 10%
Some key tasks within these general areas include:
- Ensure that the MAC has a strong fundraising strategy, including identifying, cultivating and soliciting new and established major gift prospects, in-kind donations, foundations, and grants
- Work with the Board in creating and implementing the MAC’s long-range growth and development plans
- Provide administrative support for the organization’s existing programs (e.g., concerts, theater productions, outreach events) and encourage the creative development of new programs, in order to fulfill the unmet needs of the community
- Organize, prepare and attend the MAC Board meetings. This includes preparing and sending out the reminders, agenda, business items, and minutes for these meetings
- Attend the volunteer council meetings
- Strengthen and establish relationships between the MAC and local businesses
- Attend various networking meetings and training in the Salt Lake Valley
- Attend the yearly audit or review with accountants
- Oversee the legal aspects of the organization, including renewing insurance policies, permits, and certificates
- Energetic leadership experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills for donation letters and grants
- Solid organizational skills and an ability to pay attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills: Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Youtube, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven experience in the non-profit sector
- Willingness to work a variable schedule with some nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to connect with and integrate a diverse array of community members
Hours and Compensation:
Part time up to 20 hours per week (variable, depending on events) with monthly maximum of 75 hours. Some seasonal fluctuation in hours, with spring and summer being the most demanding. Hourly wage of $15-20 per hour, depending on experience. (Log of hours spent and work done is required.) No benefits.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume (headshot optional) to Midvale Arts Council via email by May 19th:
Midvale Arts Council, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment without discrimination based upon religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, or any other basis unrelated to the individual’s abilities and qualifications to serve.